Tuesday 24 July 2012

PORK NILAGA WITH CORN RECIPE


This is a very easy dish."Nilaga" means boiled. You just throw everything in the pot and let it cook until tender. I highly recommend this dish to those who are learning how to cook because it takes almost no effort at all to prepare.

My mother-in-law taught me how to cook this one. That was 5 years ago. And honestly, I didn't expect it would be that easy. I mean easy, really easy. After she taught me the procedures, I was literally shocked and said, "that's it?". She just nodded, smiled and told me that cooking is not that hard like what others usually think.

Now, I consider this dish as a very special one eventhough it's very easy to make. It is special because this is the first dish that I learned and my mom-in-law was my teacher. She's actually one of my inspirations when it comes to cooking. I know she's smiling at me down here everytime she sees me cutting those onions!







INGREDIENTS:


1 kilo pork belly, cut into serving pieces
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 large size onion, quartered
- 1/4 tsp. peppercorn
- salt and all in one granules to taste
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- pechay (bok choy) or cabbage leaves
- 4 saba banana, divide into two
- 3 pieces sweet corn on cobs, divide into four each piece




COOKING PROCEDURES:


1. Combine water, pork, onion and peppercorn. Let it boil for about 30 minutes or until meat is almost tender. 
2. Add sweet corn and saba, let it boil for another 10 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and boil for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the vegetables, salt and all in one granules to taste.


Serve and Enjoy!





0 comments:

Post a Comment