Saturday 22 September 2012

Adobong Pusit (Squid)

Here's another dish cooked using the popular Filipino cooking method, adobo. Honestly, I was not a fan of squid dishes before. I remember when I was a kid, I just really didn't like it. But when my uncle cooked adobong pusit, I absolutely asked for more. It was so tasty and delicious. And for me, it is really good with steamed rice. So obviously, this is my favorite squid dish.

One day, my father-in-law asked me to cook this one. He taught me how and I'm so hapy he did. And now. I want to share this recipe with you.





INGREDIENTS:

1 kg medium-sized squid (should be cleaned very well and separate the ink)

1 piece large onion, diced

2 pieces medium sized tomatoes, diced

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup vinegar

1 cup water

5 cloves crushed garlic

1 teaspoon sugar

2 pcs bay leaves

Salt and pepper to taste

1 small sachet od all-in-one seasong granules

3 tbsp cooking oil

COOKING PROCEDURES:

- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in soy sauce, vinegar, and water then bring to a boil. (do not mix)

- Add the squid and wait for the liquid to re-boil. Do not mix. Simmer for 5 minutes.

- Turn off the heat then separate the squid from the liquid. Set aside.

- On a separate pot, sauté the garlic, onions, and tomatoes.

- Put-in the squid then cook for a few seconds. (do not overcook the squid)

- Pour-in the soy sauce-vinegar-water mixture. Add bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.

- Add the ink, salt, ground black pepper, and sugar then stir. Simmer for 3 minutes.

_ Serve and enjoy

0 comments:

Post a Comment